Here’s a kid family friendly recipe to guarantee those zucchini in your garden a place on the dinner plate. It’s also good enough to pass muster for any fancy restaurant.
Basically it’s zucchini and cheese, au Gratin style. My daughter actually cheered, “Wow. I can’t even taste the zucchini!”
I smiled inwardly. That’s the idea.
- 2-3 large zucchini, ends cut off, sliced lengthwise to approximately ¼" thickness
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3-4 TBSP cold butter, cut in strips (dots)
- 2 cups Italian blend of cheeses (I used a 6 cheese Italian blend)
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Rosemary Garlic spice blend by Spice Islands
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Sauté strips of zucchini in olive oil and set aside, or layer in dish as you proceed through recipe.
- In medium to large baking dish, place one layer of sautéed zucchini on bottom of dish, dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with spice, cover with Italian blend cheese, then add a sparse layer of shaved Parmesan.
- Repeat until zucchini completely is used.
- Cover top with extra cheese and bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes, depending on your oven.