Here’s a great recipe from coleslaw I received from my mother. Unlike many others I’ve tried, this one has a light and fresh taste but best of all, the kids love it!
- 1 head white cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 sweet Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar, give or take (my mother won't give exact amounts, only "to taste")
- mayonnaise for consistency
- salt and pepper (again, "to taste" but hers is heavy on the salt -- she's Southern, and everything needs to be salted in her mind)
- Combine all ingredients, to taste, of course.
- Serve immediately or chill.