If you’re growing spinach, then you need to try this dip. It’s that simple. It’s the perfect side kick for any appetizer tray and oh-so-healthy!
Spinach Health Benefits
From Vitamin A to Zinc, calcium to riboflavin, spinach is packed with nutrients and you can find all you need to know from Organic Facts. The Greek-style yogurt base is a wonderful source of protein, too!
Spinach Dip Recipe
I eat spinach for the taste. It’s the perfect midday snack served over whole grain crackers and a wonderful way to use that garden produce. Better yet, there are a ton of variations for this recipe, from the spices to the creamy base, use your imagination with this one! Or maybe opt for mozzarella cheese instead of Parmesan?
- 10 cups fresh spinach
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 4 oz. Greek-style yogurt
- 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté spinach and garlic over medium heat until soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Chop coarsely, then place in a bowl, adding yogurt, Parmesan, and onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.